$479 per credit hour DC, ND; $431 MSAc, MSOM
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS CONTACT
Victoria Sweeney, Director of Communications and Enrollment Services
Florida DC Program
St. Petersburg, FL
Established in 1906 as a single purpose chiropractic college, National University is now one of only two institutions in the U.S. to combine chiropractic medicine, naturopathic medicine, acupuncture and oriental medicine on one campus, and the only one that emphasizes integrated program delivery.
Why choose National University?
• National University believes a superior education in health care starts with an evidence-based, broad-scope curriculum emphasizing integrative medicine and a commitment to preparing health professionals dedicated to patient-centered care.
• National University believes in bringing together professionals from a broad range of medical specialties for the benefit of patients and the health care industry as a whole.
• Students are prepared to evaluate and address the full range of factors affecting human health from biomechanical dysfunction to genetics, to microorganisms, to nutritional status, to stress, environment, and human relationships.
• Students are taught how to diagnose and treat each patient based on a thorough evaluation of their unique health history and profile, to think in terms of "whole health healing," to draw from a wide range of healing modalities, and to work with experts from other medical fields for the benefit of each patient.
• National University's academic program is rigorous, uncompromising and built on a solid foundation in the basic sciences. In addition, students are immersed in hands-on training in diagnosis and treatment methods.
• Since academic programs are so demanding, high entry standards are maintained for students. All students entering the doctor of chiropractic medicine degree program must have a baccalaureate degree and a minimum GPA of 3.00. Those between a 2.75 and 2.99 may be admitted under an Alternative Admissions Track Plan (AATP).
• As a result, the student body is of a higher academic caliber and routinely scores well above national averages on required board and licensure tests.
• Students are prepared for the business and practical realities of a professional career through courses in business management, ethics, and practice-building skills.
• Students are given the opportunity to work in real patient care and research settings and develop the skills they will use in their future careers.
• National’s philosophy positions its students to work as part of an integrative medical team and meet consumer demand for more natural approaches to health care.
HISTORY OF EXCELLENCE
• National University is a century-old institution that boasts a long-standing reputation for innovative leadership, high academic standards, outstanding faculty, and distinguished alumni.
• National University was the first to offer hospital experience to chiropractic students, the first to push for national accreditation of chiropractic colleges.
• National University's Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics is the official research publication of the American Chiropractic Association.
• National University has received over $7 million in grants for research projects over the past decade from the National Institutes of Health.